Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ukrainian American Archives & Museum of Detroit

I was doing some research on Chornobyl recently and ended up with a link to the freshly updated web site of the Ukrainian American Archives & Museum of Detroit. Wow, nicely designed web site from an institution in my own backyard. Living in the area, I have always known about UAAMD and have visited there, but it seemed like there was not much happening at that time (over 10 years ago). Now, things are happening (classes, exhibits, oral histories collected, demostrations, etc.) and the Museum/Archive is outgrowing its HQ. Hoping I could help with the mission, "to educate and inform the general public about the culture, art, and history of Ukrainians, their immigration to the United States and the contributions of Americans of Ukrainian descent to America..." I decided to join. I hope to assist with digitizing historic photos and getting them online for others to view and learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment